What is HIFU Treatment?
High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound is what HIFU stands for in its full name. This therapy is capable of targeting different depths of the body’s tissue in order to tighten the skin, lift the skin, and shape the body.
HIFU devices are completely non-invasive and function by targeting deep layers in the skin; as a result, they increase the creation of new collagen and promote collagen regeneration directly at the source. Because of the fact that the process is brief, highly well-tolerated, and requires little recovery time, it is also referred to as the “Lunchtime Face Lift.”
The HIFU therapy for the face is similar to a non-surgical facelift in its effects. It targets the creation of ‘V’ lines and jowl lines, as well as tightens the skin, smooths out wrinkles, and reduces the size of pores. The overall skin tone, pores, brightness, and elasticity may all be improved by HIFU.
What you need to know about HIFU in Thailand
- The high-intensity focused ultrasound procedure, sometimes referred to as Focused ultrasonic surgery (FUS), uses ultrasound waves that do not ionize to heat the tissues of your body. The temperature may be raised to between 70 and 90 degrees Celsius. These sound waves cannot travel through air or bone in any way. It boosts your blood flow, which in turn encourages lymph flow, eliminating tumor cells and promoting cell division.
- The high-intensity focused ultrasound procedure, sometimes referred to as Focused ultrasonic surgery (FUS), uses ultrasound waves that do not ionize to heat the tissues of your body. The temperature may be raised to between 70 and 90 degrees Celsius. These sound waves cannot travel through air or bone in any way.
- It boosts your blood flow, which in turn encourages lymph flow, eliminating tumor cells and promoting cell division. In addition, it may be used to treat various conditions, such as a wide variety of cancer and uterine fibroids. It is becoming more well-known for its use in the treatment of prostate cancer.
- It may also be used for aesthetic purposes, such as helping tighten loose skin and minimize the appearance of wrinkles and other visible skin signs of aging. According to research, it is most beneficial when applied to the jawline and cheekbones. Because damaging the incorrect tissue by sonication might be a risk, this procedure must be carried out only by trained professionals.
Benefits of HIFU Thailand
- Women who have issues with drooping skin might benefit from a lifting procedure called “Lifting.” When we reach the age of 25, the reduction in collagen that occurs in our bodies may cause our skin to become lax.
- Raise both your eyebrows. In this respect, high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) may be quite useful for individuals who have difficulties with drooping eyelids or drooping eyebrows; however, many people may not be aware of this fact.
- HIFU helps in reducing the wattle and double chin that develops beneath the chin, an issue that plagues many young women, some of whom are quite underweight.
- It helps to get rid of the wrinkles around your eyes. HIFU works by stimulating collagen production beneath the skin, which may help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes caused by aging.
- It is another common method to change the contour of the face since it is possible to tighten the skin and lower the amount of fat on our faces without causing any kind of wound.
- As a result of this process, the pores around the hair follicle get narrower. In addition to this, it also helps to stimulate the production of new collagen, which helps in bringing back the glow to our skin. Pore size shrunk as a result as well.
- This method helps in minimizing the wrinkles around the face, such as the forehead and cheek grooves, for anybody who wants to reduce wrinkles around the face but does not want to inject fillers. Specifically, the forehead and cheek grooves. Perhaps you have issues with wrinkles in the forehead but do not want to have injections.
Frequently Asked Questions in HIFU Thailand
What is HIFU treatment in Thailand?
People from all over the globe come to Thailand in search of high-quality HIFU therapy, making it one of the most popular HIFU treatment locations in the world. Thailand is a leading destination for medical tourism because of its sophisticated medical facilities, high-quality medical treatment, and low HIFU costs.
They have physicians and other medical staff members that have a great deal of expertise. The HIFU hospital in Thailand is recognized as one of the top medical institutions in the world and provides patients with treatment that is on par with the finest that can be found elsewhere in the world.
The standard of care that patients get in Thailand in terms of diagnosis, treatment, and preventative medicine is on par with that of the best hospitals in the world. The enhanced amenities that are supplied by HIFU hospitals in Thailand are supported by the contemporary infrastructure that such hospitals have.
The hospitals provide a range of accommodation classifications, ranging from shared rooms for several patients to opulent suites, and both outpatient and inpatient medical care services. In addition, they have state-of-the-art labs, OTs that are modular, ICUs that are well-equipped, and rehabilitation facilities.
The hospitals affiliated with HIFU provide a variety of services and amenities, including digital diagnostic labs and imaging centers, blood banks, emergency medical services, ambulance services, Wi-Fi across the campuses, cafeterias serving a variety of cuisines, and prayer rooms.
How to Choose HIFU Clinic in Thailand?
Hospitals affiliated with the HIFU in Thailand are famous across the country for the quality of patient care and hospitality they provide. The HIFU physicians that work in these hospitals in Thailand are recognized authorities in their respective fields of practice. However, it may be difficult for a foreign patient to choose an appropriate facility for their treatment because of the language barrier.
It is a crucial choice that has to be taken after taking into account a wide range of aspects, including the following:
- Certificates of accreditation and quality assurance;
- Location of the medical center as well as the various transportation facilities;
- Group of medical professionals, including surgeons;
- Superior diagnosis and treatment capabilities enabled by cutting-edge technology; and
- Services provided to international patients.
How does a HIFU treatment feels like?
The HIFU therapy does not include any uncomfortable or unpleasant procedures. You will feel very small quantities of energy being deposited to certain depths under the skin when the high-intensity focused ultrasound energy is supplied to the treatment area. This is an indicator that the process of making collagen has already begun.
Most consumers mention experiencing either pin pricks sensation or a sense of heat. Although the degree of discomfort experienced varies from patient to patient, it is only transient and continues only for as long as the ultrasound energy is being delivered. Although it is not required, some patients choose to take paracetamol before the surgery in the event that they experience any pain.
Can I afford HIFU in Bangkok, Thailand?
Thailand’s hospitals provide comprehensive treatment plans at reasonable prices, which often include access to various services and facilities. This enables the patient to get cutting-edge medical treatment at a price that is within their financial means. This does not mean that there Shall be a reduction in quality for the patient since the hospitals have an outstanding infrastructure backed by the most cutting-edge technology and equipment for HIFU.
How Long Should I Stay in Thailand for HIFU Procedure?
The process might take anything from one to four hours. It is dependent on the goals that are being attempted to be accomplished by the HIFU procedure. In most cases, it is performed as an outpatient operation. As soon as the effects of the sedatives have passed, the medical staff will be able to release you from the hospital. It would be best if you are to make plans to remain in Thailand for at least 14 days following your Procedure. This will provide you enough time for initial healing as well as follow-up check-ups and other necessary care.
The amount of time needed to recuperate varies widely and is directly proportional to the objective of the HIFU procedure. There is a chance that you may have pain and discomfort for three to four days following the surgery. The discomfort and swelling will go away in around two to three weeks’ time. This method causes the least amount of damage possible due to the use of non-ionizing radiation.
What Aftercare is Required for HIFU Procedures Thailand?
Aftercare is not the same for every patient since it is contingent on the goals of the HIFU procedure. In order for you to take care of yourself after you go home after being released from the hospital, you should always remember the following points:
- Make sure you keep all of your doctor’s appointments.
- Do not get behind the wheel of a vehicle if you are still feeling the effects of the sedatives you took earlier.
- Eat in a healthy manner. Stick to a meal plan that was designed by a nutritionist. It may speed up the process of your recovery.
- Always be sure to take your medication exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Take some time out to relax and allow yourself some time to heal.
- If you are getting HIFU for reasons related to your appearance, you should stay out of the sun and always apply sunscreen when you go outside.
- Do not massage or rub your skin in any way.
- Search for anything that’s not right. Make sure to visit your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any symptoms.
In the event that you have any pain, please see your physician. Do not attempt to self-medicate your condition.
Is there any alternative to HIFU procedures in Thailand?
In point of fact, HIFU is a non-surgical option for the majority of the procedures that are performed. However, dermal fillers are another option that may be used instead of HIFU. In the case of a facelift, dermal fillers may serve as an alternative to HIFU.
Your skin will be given injections comprising Botox, Restylane, and other similar substances to make it seem more lifted and plump. Your skin seems to be devoid of wrinkles, and overall, you have a youthful appearance.
How often shall I do the HIFU treatment?
Even just one session of HIFU will provide you with results that are not only noticeable but also long-lasting. Your skin will have a more toned and lifted appearance due to this. Additionally, new collagen will be produced via natural means through HIFU.
Your skin will continue to radiate its young shine even after HIFU treatment. Face skin may be tightened and rejuvenated with the use of HIFU treatment, which focuses on localized regions such as the brow, cheeks, jowl, and neck. You will notice a significant improvement in both the overall contouring of your face and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The treatment is carried out once every two years on average (twice at intervals of a few months for the first year, if necessary), but annual maintenance sessions unquestionably provide the best possible outcomes. It is a short process that does not truly cause any discomfort and does not call for any downtime.
What do experts say about HIFU?
- There have been several reports stating that HIFU facials are effective. 231 papers on the use of ultrasonic technology were analyzed for this study that was conducted in 2018. The researchers concluded that the approach is both risk-free and effective after reviewing the studies that investigated the use of ultrasound to treat skin tightening, body tightening, and cellulite reduction, respectively.
- According to the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, ultrasonic skin tightening often delivers excellent effects in two to three months, and the American Board also states that proper skin care may help preserve these benefits for up to one year.
- According to the findings of research that investigated the efficacy of HIFU facials on persons from Korea, the technique was shown to be most efficient in reducing the appearance of wrinkles around the lips, jaws, and cheeks. The researchers took standardized images of the subjects before, during, and three and six months after the therapy and then compared those photographs to each other.
- In another research, the efficacy of a HIFU face was examined after seven days, four weeks, and twelve weeks of treatment. After a period of 12 weeks, there was a discernible increase in the subjects’ skin elasticity over the whole treated region.
- Another group of researchers looked at the experiences of 75 people (73 women and two males) who had HIFU facials. The percentage of satisfaction among the participants was 78 percent, while the physicians who evaluated the outcomes indicated a significant increase in the quality of the skin on the face and neck (80 percent).
- In one study, researchers examined the efficacy of two distinct devices by soliciting feedback from both medical professionals and patients who had previously received HIFU facials. The researchers came to the conclusion that both devices were capable of adequately tightening the skin, despite the fact that the volunteers experienced significantly different degrees of discomfort and overall pleasure.
Side-effects of HIFU Treatment
In general, the research shows that a HIFU facial has very few adverse effects; nonetheless, there is a possibility that some individuals may suffer pain and discomfort immediately after the surgery. Immediately after the HIFU treatment, the patient’s skin may have a ‘flushed’ appearance; however, the redness should fade away within a few hours of the procedure.
Some patients report minor swelling, tingling, or discomfort to the touch after treatment; however, these side effects are brief and often disappear within 7–10 days after the procedure. Some people experience brief bruising or numbness on tiny parts of their skin, although these side effects are far less frequent.
During your in-person meeting with your aesthetic practitioner, you and they will discuss the likelihood of uncommon adverse effects, which are similar to those that are associated with any medical or cosmetic surgery. It was also discovered that 25.3% of participants had discomfort after the surgery but that the pain went away on its own without requiring any treatment.
Can HIFU replace Facelifts?
In 2008, it was claimed that HIFU was used for the first time for cosmetic purposes. After that, in 2009, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved HIFU to be used in brow lifts. The FDA approved 2014 for the use of the device to reduce the appearance of wrinkles on the upper chest and neckline (décolletage). HIFU is safe and effective in several limited clinical studies for face lifting and the reduction of wrinkles. Patients could notice benefits only a few months after undergoing therapy, and these results came without the dangers connected with surgical procedures.
The layers of skin immediately below the surface are the ones that are targeted by HIFU, which employs concentrated ultrasound radiation. The tissue heats up very quickly due to the ultrasonic radiation. When the cells in the region that is being targeted reach a particular temperature, they are damaged on a cellular level. Because of the rise in collagen, the skin has become more taut and firm and has fewer wrinkles. Because the high-frequency ultrasound beams are directed at a particular tissue spot that is located below the skin’s surface, there is no direct harm to the top layers of the skin or the problem that is close to the skin.
It has been determined that high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) is a viable therapy that has the potential to replace face lifts. This is particularly true for the younger patients who do not desire the dangers and recovery time associated with surgery. People who have more severe symptoms of drooping skin won’t get as much improvement after HIFU treatment.
Is HIFU Painful?
In general, it is a therapy that causes very little discomfort. The vast majority of patients do not need the use of numbing cream. The majority of individuals will likely report feeling some discomfort in the region of their jawline and cheekbone.
A local anesthetic cream might be used if required in order to relieve any pain that may be experienced. The vast majority of patients report that it is bearable, and they are able to resume their regular activities right away following treatment.
Reviews about HIFU Treatment
After a period of 12 weeks, the results of a research that was conducted in 2017 and included 32 patients indicated that HIFU greatly improved the skin elasticity of the cheekbones, lower belly, and thighs. In addition, 66% of participants who were treated with HIFU in bigger research that included 93 persons said that they saw an improvement in the look of their face and neck after 90 days.
Bellow are some of the reviews of customers from different clinics who have chosen to undergo HIFU treatment.
– Donna Hams
“The treatment exceeded my expectations and more. After having HIFU face and neck treatment, I am totally happy with the results. My neck area looks amazing, the deep lines around my cheeks are smoother, and my jawline is so much more predominant. Even my make-up looks much smoother. Would recommend this treatment, I’m 54 years of age and my facial features look like that of a woman in her early 40′ s. “
– Kristy Rist Collins
“The procedure really helped me turn back the clock.I have had the full neck and face HIFU treatment. I am coming up to my 3 months and I see results every day. The procedure was explained to me and I had a lot of questions that my therapist was only to happy to answer. There is a small amount of pain associated with the procedure but nothing that is not bearable. I am 41 and after 5 surgeries and 40kg weight loss in the last 3 years, felt like I had aged 10yrs in my face. This procedure really has helped turn back the clock and I can see the stress lines disappearing a little more each day. “
Medically Reviewed by Experts
– Dr. Sherif Mattar from Dr. Sherif Mattar Medical Center
“Those who are interested in facelifts have the option of undergoing HIFU skin tightening, which is a non-invasive alternative to surgical facelifts. Benefits of this treatment include firmer skin, fewer wrinkles, and a more youthful appearance. The use of HIFU and other methods that are non-invasive alternatives to surgical facelifts has skyrocketed in recent years, growing by around 65.0 percent over the course of the previous five years. In addition, it is not just for the face. The procedure is effective for smoothing out wrinkles and reshaping the shape of the body in areas such as the belly, arms, and thighs.”
– Dr. David Ng Cheow Hua from One Face Clinic
“Personally, I prefer to use more HIFU shots and a particular vectoring (i.e. angle of the shots) method. Some of my patients seem to think I do this to ensure quicker results. It is not. This method has been developed over the years to ensure that the HIFU effect is stronger, but it still takes a bit of time to see good results. If you are willing to wait a little while to see good facelift results with no needles, no downtime and almost no side effects, I highly recommend HIFU as the first choice for facelifts.”