The success of your app store optimization strategy depends on the keywords you select and optimize. Keyword optimization is choosing the most relevant keywords for your app store listing. These chosen keywords must be able to rank well and generate good traffic volume. After which, you will be able to enhance your app’s discoverability and improve its user base.
You can also choose from several free ASO keyword tools available in the market to research and suggest keywords. Similar support is available in the app stores as the App Store autocorrect and Android Keyword tool.
Steps in Keyword optimization:
- Keyword research: The first step involves creating a list of keywords and their close synonyms related to your app.
- Prioritizing and choosing: After you make a set of possible keywords, you have to analyze their relevance, difficulty level, and the app traffic they can generate.
- Targeting the chosen keywords: You have to include the chosen set of most relevant keywords in your app store listing.
- Monitor and update: Monitoring the performance of the implemented keywords is equally important. You will then be able to find their impact on search ranking and make necessary improvements.
Keyword optimization for app store listing.
You must analyze and choose keywords to optimize your app store listing and acquire maximum app visibility. You can use several free ASO keyword tools and the android keyword tool that will research and recommend the most relevant keywords to boost your app traffic.
Below are a few essential tips to remember when optimizing keywords for your app store listing.
- It is not sufficient to choose the most relevant keywords; you must analyze the app traffic the keywords can generate. The app traffic will give you an estimate of the keyword’s search volume.
- It is also vital to choose the right difficulty level for your keywords. The more the difficulty level, the harder it is for the keyword to rank.
- You must arrive at the right combination of difficulty level and high traffic volume for the keywords. Using long-tail keywords with a medium difficulty level is ideal for you to rank well.
- Tracking and analyzing your competitor’s keywords can help you identify the performing ones and the possible niche they might be overlooking.
- Do not use a combination of generic and high-volume keywords. It is better to rank for low-traffic keywords at the top because app store visitors using high-traffic keywords might not be able to see your app if it is not ranked well.
- A significant percentage of app visits happen through long-tail keywords. So, instead of targeting to rank for high-volume keywords, use more long-tail keywords in your app’s content.
- Try and include as many keywords as possible for optimized search results. Optimize your keyword search until you arrive at the most-performing keywords.
- Study and select from a range of free ASO keyword tools or the ASO Tool for effective keyword optimization.
- Study and analyze the market and competition to turn your app store optimization into a success. The insights you gain from the analysis will help you enhance the app’s conversions.