You have been told your end of tenancy cleaning or moving out cleaning is going to be a pain, what do you do now? If you are still in the home don’t just move out because you can’t leave or you are scared. Do you leave to visit your friends or visit your local pub? Even if you have had a horrible experience, don’t make a public announcement that you are leaving. You can simply move out on a specified date, don’t state when you will be moving out in public.
- The end of lease notice can be issued for a number of reasons, most commonly to avoid paying rent. If the notice is due to the owner not paying for three months of rent, this will cause the landlord to issue the end of tenancy letter.
- You will have to do your own end of tenancy cleaning or hire professional moving out cleaning companies to clean before you leave.
- You will need to get your aircon service and also hire a carpet cleaner to clean the carpet.
- Don’t worry, this doesn’t mean you are permanently homeless, but it can mean that you lose your home to the bank if you don’t leave as agreed. There is really no need to fear eviction; all you have to do is follow the law and your landlord will do their best to accommodate you and keep you in the property.
- It is important to remember that as a tenant you have no legal rights to the property. Your landlord can enter any room in the property when they feel like it and take anything that they want. They are also allowed to tidy up any mess that they find, but you have no legal rights to cleaning materials.
- Your only legal rights are to bargain with your landlord to try and get them to accept your offer.
- Landlords often try to prevent trouble by asking tenants to pay a deposit to cover any possible damages to the property. This money can then be paid back at the end of the lease, and you will be notified if the deposit has been returned in good condition.
- This money should be used to clear any possible debts that you as a tenants’ may have. If you have been keeping your old carpet or furniture you may be eligible for some of this money.
- If you do end up having to leave the property, make sure that you leave in a good condition.
- A cleaning company will generally not be able to help you with any damage that you cause, so you will have to arrange for someone else to do this for you. If you break anything, such as a window, paint, or furniture, make sure that you take photos of it so that you can have proof of what happened. The last thing you want is to be evicted from your property because you did not keep everything clean.
If you want to make sure that you stay in your property for the entire term, you should look into signing a ‘guaranteed tenancy’ cleaning contract. This will guarantee that you will end up in your home for the full period of your tenancy, which should be around 3 years. By doing this you are in fact ensuring that you get all of your debts paid off, plus the cleaning costs for the duration of your tenancy.
Remember that moving out cleaning and the end of tenancy cleaning is important to help tenants get back the deposit. The landlord gave you a clean home to rent so you stay in a clean home. Nice it’s time to clean up the place before you vacant it.