Microsoft has released Windows 11, the most recent version of its operating system, and you see all of your friends and colleague are updating windows 10 to 11 and enjoying the latest benefits. For that reason, you decided to upgrade your windows system. You notice you have lost your valuable data after upgrading your Windows platform. However, this scenario does not apply every time you update your Windows system.
Still, if you’ve upgraded to Windows 11 and are concerned that you’ve lost files, don’t panic! You’ve come to the correct place. We’ll go through how to recover data lost during a Windows 11 update with the help of the best images recovery or data recovery software Wondershare Recoverit
Are you prepared to upgrade to Windows 11?
Why not! Users can upgrade to Windows 11 to have access to more complex and powerful features. Windows 11 features make their work easier. Any new Windows version comes with a slew of new features, enhancements, and improved productivity. Here are some pros and cons of Windows 11.
- Windows 11 has a stunning display.
- The advantages of next-generation gaming
- A fresh, appealing new look
- Improved attention and screen space management tools
- Windows 11 will include a more user-friendly tablet mode.
- Menus that are easier to understand
- Allow Android apps to run on Windows
- By default, Cortana is no longer included.
- The various window layout possibilities are excellent.
- System requirements are stringent.
- Support for Android and other features were not available at launch.
- Widgets aren’t really useful.
- Integration with Teams is useless unless you adore Teams.
How to Recover Data After a Windows 11 Upgrade
In this section, we will discuss some methods of recovering data after windows 11 update.
Recover Windows data from the “Windows .old” Folder.
- To open File Explorer, press Windows + E.
- Go to C: drive and look for an old folder.
- Go to the Users folder and open it.
- Go to the desktop folder by selecting your user name.
- Locate and copy any files that were lost during the Windows update to your desktop.
- This procedure is only relevant if your Windows operating system has backup enabled.
Using Windows File History to Recover Deleted Files
You may recover Windows backups without using any software. Windows File History is a built-in data backup utility that allows you to save files from the Desktop, Documents, Videos, and Downloads folders to a local or external hard drive. It may automatically scan and store changes to the file system at predetermined intervals.
- To recover deleted files from backups, use these three steps:
- Type “Restore your files from File history” in the Search field and press Enter.
- The File History is displayed in a pop-up window. The backup files and folders will all be visible.
- Then, to restore the files, preview the selected file and click the green arrow. To save the file to a different location, click “Restore.”
Use Wondershare Recoverit to Recover Data
If these method doesn’t work a professional data recovery software will be required to retrieve your photos. In that situation, Wondershare Recoverit is an application that may help you recover videos, photographs, documents, audio files, emails, and more from your computer. I’ll teach you how to use the most excellent data recovery software Wondershare Recoverit to recover lost data after upgrading windows 11. The procedures are outlined below.
Step 1: Figure out where the data went missing.
Select the drive or folder you want to recover after installing the app. After selecting the option, tap the Start button.
Step 2: Start the scanning procedure.
Once you’ve chosen a location, press the Start button to begin scanning it. Depending on the size of the missing file, the scanning procedure can take anything from a few minutes to many hours.
Step 3: Viewing and Recovering Files
After the scan is finished and you’ve seen a glimpse of the data, choose the file you want to recover.
The reason behind Choosing Wondershare Recoverit
- Effective tool for retrieving deleted files and folders
- Easy-to-understand application with self-explanatory tools
- Support for all file formats is included.
- Recover files, audio, documents, and photos, among other things.
- An effective data recovery program with precise outcomes
- Deep scan features have been added to the scanning process.
- Ensures peak performance and improved workflow
- Ensures peak performance and stability
- Quick and straightforward procedures with a wizard-based environment
- For accurate data recovery, preview the files before recovering them.
How to restore Windows to its original configuration
Windows 11 vs windows 10 which one is best? Most of the people says the latest one is better but the latest one is not suit for everyone so that they wants to get back to the previous windows version.
Follow these procedures to downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10:
- On Windows 11, go to Start.
- Type Settings into the search bar and select the top result to launch the app.
- Select System.
- On the right, click the Recovery page.
- Click the Go back button under the “Recovery choices” column.
- Select the cause for Windows 11 uninstallation.
- Select the Next option.
- Select the No, thank you option.
- Select the Next option.
- Press the Next button once more.
- Select the Return to Windows 10 option.
After you finish the procedures, Windows 11 will be uninstalled, restoring the system to Windows 10, and maintaining your files, settings, and apps.
Windows updates are designed to improve the operating system’s overall performance and security. Always make sure your Windows is up to date. However, there may be some minor issues during the update process. So, after facing this windows 11 issues, you need professional data recovery software. Wondershare Recoverit will help you to recover data that has been lost. So hurry up and see the Wondershare magic.