Hair transplants are a procedure that adds hair to the bald patches of the scalp or covers the whole scalp suffering from balding or thinning due to heredity or injury. In the process, surgeons take hair from the body or parts of the head. Then this slowly places it to the required section of the scalp.
Globally half of the women’s population and over half of the men’s population come across hair thinning or balding problems. Over the counter, options are most likely to be taken first, including treatments like Rogaine or Minoxidil.
This Restoration process called hair transplant was first done in Japan in 1939. It was done with single follicle hairs. In the upcoming years, this technology was massively developed and invented the “plug” technique. This method transplanted vast parts of the hair.
In recent years medical surgeons are using micro and mini grafts to reduce the visibility of scalp hair transplanted.
Hair transplant in Pune are typically more successful than in India and over the topical remedies for hair restoration. Before that, there are some aspects to be considered:
- More than 10% to 80% of the transplanted hair grows back naturally and fully anywhere from 4 to 6 months.
- The transplanted hair will also start thinning after some time, like normal hair.
- Individuals can have dormant hair follicles, which can be present beneath the epidermis, not growing out. Only hair transplants won’t help them because they will lose a significant portion of their transplanted hair. So they also need a procedure called plasma therapy which allows over 75% of the cases to grow the hair.
Transplantation of hair is not for anyone or everyone. But that doesn’t mean that there is no other way out. Individuals who can’t have hair transplants can find other ways to regenerate hair growth and diffuse thinning or balding.
90% of the transplants use the existing hair of the individual, which can be a significant cause of ineffectiveness when it comes to:
- widespread balding or thinning
- hair thinning because of specific medication and chemotherapy
- Deep scars on the scalp due to injuries
Hair transplants in Pune do not really have a definite cost, as there are plenty of factors that are kept into consideration when deciding the final cost such as the hair length, the type of hair, etc.
The overall cost calculation can have different aspects:
- The technique of the chosen surgery.
- Surgeons who are within your reach in the area
- The skill of the medical professional.
- Quantity of the transplanted hair
You may have to pay the expenditures out of your wallet because your health insurance most likely won’t cover the surgery. After all, they considered this as a cosmetic procedure. Recovery has its causes due to medical appointments and medications, which can heavily contribute to the total cost.
Understand that nothing can guarantee success and has its risks. Do not hesitate to contact the medical professional first. These professionals are the ones who can help in keeping up with your dream of having good quality hair and get you the required confidence which you are missing due to your hair condition currently.