Cannabis is one of the most commonly used mind-altering drugs in the world. Some states have legalized it owing to its recreational nature. The drug is sourced from the hemp plant. The chemicals in marijuana are present in the leaves and the flowering shoots. One of the well-known chemicals is THC.
Recreational cannabis has various uses. They can be used in various forms as well. They can be smoked as a dry, shredded green and brown mix of flowers, seeds, stems and leaves. One can smoke it as a joint or in a pipe or bong or blunt.
How do Cannabinoids Work?
The human body naturally produces some cannabinoids due to the endocannabinoid system. They are quite similar to neurotransmitters as they send messages throughout the nervous system. Neurotransmitters are known to affect the brain areas that have functions in thinking, memory, concentration, sensory and perception of time, movement, pleasure and coordination. Recreational cannabis from an outside source may change or disrupt normal brain function.
It affects the following areas of the brain that controls these functions :
- Memory and attention
- Posture and coordination
- Reaction Time and
- Trusted Source
This heavily affects a person. A person may not be able to drive a car or even operate heavy machinery after consuming cannabis. THC is known to stimulate specific cannabinoid receptors. These receptors increase the release of dopamine from the brain. Dopamine, a neurotransmitter, is known to give the feeling of elation.
It can significantly affect sensory perception. A person under the heavy influence of cannabis may see colors a lot brighter, music more vivid, and experience profound emotions.
Symptoms of Using Cannabinoids
- Feelings of joy and relaxation
- Senses of sight, hearing and taste significantly increases
- Increased appetite
- Hard to find coordination and can be dangerous to do activities like driving a car.
- False sense of time
- Trouble in thinking and problem-solving
- Can’t tell the difference between oneself and others
- Anxiety or panic attacks or being overly suspicious and distrustful
Make Sure to Buy from the Right Source
Cannabinoids have been made legal in some States. Even when you try to buy locally, CBD has become so widespread that not every shop is getting their products from a reputable and safe source. Therefore many end up with a fake product that leaves customers with a bad perception of CBD in general.
Make sure your CBD products are medically approved and bought from a proper source. Consult a doctor before you consume CBD products.
Additionally, make sure it doesn’t cause side effects like blood thinning or drowsiness.
To treat a wide variety of long-term diseases like Parkinson’s disease, schizophrenia, multiple sclerosis, anxiety ; etc pay a visit to the CBD stores around your area. Do not forget to take in your CBD dose as per the required amount specified by a medical professional. Overdoses can have side effects.
Using cannabis can be risky. These risks include:
- Impaired sense of judgment
- Users reported a higher chance of having a road traffic accident.
- Frequent cannabis use may affect the immune system.
- Gum disease: According to the American Dental Association, there can be a link between cannabis use and gum disease.
- Smokers of potent cannabis strains might have a higher risk of acute memory loss.
- Testicular cancer