In general, leadership refers to the process of motivating, encouraging, and supporting a group of people towards a common objective. While directing or instructing, leadership becomes the behavior of a leader which is influential. One of the best things about leadership is that leaders can be identified in both formal and informal ways. Some leaders are formally identified and appointed by organizations, while some are capable enough to emerge as informal leaders identified by the group of people or followers. Leaders remain in compliance yet responsibly assist their subordinates like a lawyer assists his clients. You should know about Stephen Gleave, who is a Canadian lawyer working in the area of Canadian employment and labor laws. Stephen Gleave Ancaster has experience of 30 years and is recognized as a leader in commercial litigation. It is the leadership that encourages the team to focus on their objectives, take risks, foster ideas, and inspire trust.
Characteristics of Leadership
It would be absurd to believe that leaders are born. Anyone can become a leader like Oprah Winfrey if they wish to and dedicatedly focus on self-development. There are no manual guides or shortcuts to becoming an effective leader; all you need is to practice your leadership skills, educate yourself, and take experience in the field. But before we move ahead, you should know about the various characteristics of leadership listed below:
- Communication– Active communication helps to build networks and make new connections. It helps in capturing the interest of people.
- Trust– Trust is the building block of a relationship. Without trust, the team tends to lose motivation. Trust incorporates values, morals, and ethnicity.
- Vision– A strong vision is foremost to develop a sense of moving ahead in a direction. Vision inspires the team members to actively indulge in team activities. Also, it encourages personal and professional growth.
- Decisiveness– The thinking ability of leaders makes them decisive. Considering the authentic information inputs or sources, leaders develop the ability to make a judgment.
- Positive and enthusiastic– Even though you’ve implemented an effective business plan or strategy according to you, you will see the subordinates hindered by occasional obstacles. A positive attitude and enthusiastic actions enable dealing with several challenging situations.
- Empathetic– The progress of the company is based on the team performance; therefore, the interest of each member is a vital part. It becomes necessary to understand their needs.
- Conflict resolution– It is obvious every group has some conflicts which need to be resolved earlier. Effective leaders can handle conflicts and eliminate their root causes.
- Integrity– One of the best ways to empower teams and make them more efficient is to maintain integrity among every person. Team members should be supportive and cooperative with each other.
Leadership is the most significant function of an organization for long-term success and achievement. True leaders are not made by position, but they have the power of their followers. Leadership is the ability to positively influence, manage, and supervise the team.