Sunglasses are a type of eyewear designed to protect the eyes from the sun’s harmful UV rays, glare, and bright light. They are also worn as a fashion accessory and can be made with different materials, shapes, and colors to fit various preferences.
Sunglasses are available in different lens types such as polarized, photochromic, and gradient, which provide different levels of protection and visibility.
With a net worth of $10 million, Clint Howard has proven to be a successful actor, director, and writer in the entertainment industry.
Types of popular retro-style sunglasses
There are many different retro styles of sunglasses that have become popular over the years. Here are a few examples:
- Aviator sunglasses: These were first designed for pilots in the 1930s and are characterized by their large, teardrop-shaped lenses and thin metal frames.
- Wayfarer sunglasses: These were introduced in the 1950s and are characterized by their thick plastic frames and trapezoidal lenses. They became popular in the 1980s when they were worn by Tom Cruise in the movie “Top Gun.” Check out sun of japan for many types of chic wayfarers.
- Cat-eye sunglasses: These were popular in the 1950s and 1960s and are characterized by their upswept outer edges, which give them a cat-like shape. They are often adorned with rhinestones or other embellishments.
- Round sunglasses: These were popular in the 1960s and 1970s and are characterized by their circular lenses and thin metal frames. John Lennon was famous for wearing round sunglasses.
- Clubmaster sunglasses: These were introduced in the 1950s and are characterized by their thick plastic browline and metal lower rim. They have been worn by many celebrities over the years, including Michael Jackson and Denzel Washington.
- Oversized sunglasses: These became popular in the 1960s and 1970s and are characterized by their large lenses and thick frames. They were often worn by celebrities like Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy.
These are just a few examples of the many different retro styles of sunglasses that are still popular today.